Saturday, September 28, 2013

Linear Perspective

Before I learned how to use linear perspective, I simply made up the angles of the buildings and filled up the paper. Sometimes I used isometric projections or other intuitive techniques.  When my 6th grade teacher showed me linear perspective, this revolutionized my drawings. I was able to convey space in a realistic manner (Thanks again Lisa!). This one event changed my drawings more than any other technique. Thanks to Katja for the image pictured here. 
In class, we will review 1,2,3,4 and 5 point perspective using the projector for the benefit of those students who need a review. If you would like to practice on your own, look up videos of how to create linear perspective. You can also use the grids I printed out in class or look up grids on the Internet to help you understand the procedures.

Artists I like: M.C. Escher, Hugh Ferriss, Frank Lloyd Wright, Precisionists / Demuth.  
RUBRIC: CLICK HERE
IN CLASS INTRODUCTION: CLICK HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment