Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blog Introduction

This blog is dedicated to my co-workers, families and especially my students at CIL. While I would like to thank all of the important people in my life, (my family, friends, teachers, etc.) this blog's origins were inspired by the deep connection I have with many of my students this year. 



For those of you who have never taught or had children, I don't know if I can describe how strong my feelings are for these kids. It's somewhere in between the usual teacher / student connection and the feelings I have for my own children. In fact, while I have always enjoyed teaching secondary students, once I had my own child something inside me changed. I stopped seeing my young students as just students, but treating them as other people's children; I realized how important they were. This changed the way they treated me as well. It changed my classroom and work experience. As I leave to start another challenge, in another country, thousands of kilometers away, the most important message I have to thank CIL and its people and students for is that, for me, there is only one thing that matters in my life. It isn't working conditions, pay rate, vacation time, reliable internet, climate, or having sunglasses that aren't crooked and broken (5B liked them anyway). What matters is surrounding oneself with the greatest people possible. It's these people who bring meaning to life. 


Thank you for everything to everyone involved with CIL. You have exponentially inspired my life. I hope I have inspired you, and whenever possible I will continue to blog to share more with you. Please keep in touch. I will miss you more than you know.

1 comment:

  1. "What matters is surrounding oneself with the greatest people possible. It's these people who bring meaning to life."

    And you bring meaning to our lives.

    Proud of all you have accomplished. Write ON!

    ReplyDelete